“There are so many ways of being despicable it quite makes one’s head spin. But the way to be really despicable is to be contemptuous of other people’s pain.”
Giovanni’s Room, James Baldwin
- “Becoming Object,” essay on Maggie Nelson’s The Argonauts published at Electric Literature (5/4/15).
- “The Trees, The Trees,” essay on Twin Peaks, growing up in the Pacific Northwest, and mapping the route to human evil published at The Los Angeles Review of Books (2/6/15).
- Essay on James Baldwin and Alain Mabanckou’s “Letter To Jimmy” published at Electric Literature (1/13/15).
- Review of Wilder Maker’s Everyday Crimes Against Objects Of Desire published at Paste Magazine (11/25/14).
- Review of Sam Amidon’s Lily-O published at Paste Magazine (10/21/14).