To tell the truth
To tell it well
It all depends upon the liar
“Bulletproof,” The Afghan Whigs
- Review of Catherine Lacey’s Nobody Is Ever Missing published at Electric Literature (7/7/14).
- Review of Wovenhand’s Refractory Obdurate published at Consequence of Sound (4/18/14).
- “This Is How You Lose Her,” essay on the state of the San Diego Padres republished in the “Losing” issue of The Classical (Issue 9, 4/9/14) and ”The Trigger,” essay on on Harry Crews, Shane MacGowan, and athletes on the brink published in the “Books” issue of The Classical (Issue 8, 2/12/14).
- Feature profile of Kristin Hersh, “Muses Versus The Volcano,” published in Maura Magazine (12/13/13).
- “Youth and the Eisenberg Uncertainty Principle,” essay on Laura van den Berg’s The Isle of Youth published at The Millions (11/5/13).
- “The Tracks to Your Earbuds: On Palma Violets, Autre Ne Veut, and Wilder Maker,” feature essay published in the Aux Out/Component section of Consequence of Sound on 11/11/13.