“There are so many ways of being despicable it quite makes one’s head spin. But the way to be really despicable is to be contemptuous of other people’s pain.”
Giovanni’s Room, James Baldwin
Recent & Notable Work
- “How One Club Is Changing Youth Soccer,” article on multi-sport participation & youth athletic programs published at SimpliFaster (10/24/17).
- “The Trees, The Trees,” essay on Twin Peaks, growing up in the Pacific Northwest, and mapping the route to human evil published at The Los Angeles Review of Books.
- “Becoming Object,” essay on Maggie Nelson’s The Argonauts published at Electric Literature.
- “This Is How You Lose Her,” article on the ownership changes and franchise history of the San Diego Padres, published in The Classical.
- Review of Phosphorescent’s “Album of the Year” winning LP Muchacho published in Paste Magazine.